Pages

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A visit to NYC

Train ride to NYC:
Chris mentioned addiction. Yeah, I'm definitely addicted to tech. I carry my iPad wherever I go, sometimes with mu iPod too and there's probably a DS in my bag too (that is without countong the book and couple of games that's there too).

You can imagine that the 11-hour train ride between Montréal and NYC gives you a lot of time to play. Well, yeah, but that's not all I do, I mean, I am not that addicted. So what have I been playing? Metroid Zero Mission (GBA) and Angry Birds HD (iPad). As you can see, still in full Metroid Mania mode.

Hotel, last night before return home:
Alright, so that was a really fun trip. Too many things in too little time though. Here are the videogame related highlights arranged in a top 5:
#5: - Seeing the Blue Whale in the American Museum of Natural History. Reminded me a lot of one of the stages in Bioshock 2. The museum itself was also spectacular. A must see.
#4: - The Lego Store. Many sweet Star Wars items. A window dedicated to the Lego Videogames. Also, I wonder if the Lego people are disappointed with their Prince of Persia deal.
#3: - The Nintendo Store. Alhough they did not have the shirts I wanted in my size, I bought a really sweet vest for Alice that looks amazing. It has a green Yoshi on it. Incidentally, I got a Link shirt.
#2: - The Nintendo Store, for the sweet collectibles they had on display. Metroid stuff, limited edition portable systems, and many other cool gear that make this store worth the stop.
#1: - Finding the Scott Pilgrim series at a great price. If you enjoy videogames and comics, I strongly recommend it.

This is Jeff signing out from New York.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment