Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Slice Slice Stabbity Stab

Hello once again folks. Another week has gone by where time towards gaming was limited, but the time I did spend playing games was most enjoyable.

Locoroco 2 is officially my "Breaktime" game. At work, I get two fifteen minute breaks, plus an hour for lunch. My hour I walk home and eat something, but on my fifteens, I need something to break the monotony of putting things on shelves. Usually, that involves me bringing a handheld to work so that I can waste ti... I mean, spend time playing games. This week, it's been the Side-Scrolling Katamari style game. Each mission is usually around 8 - 10 minutes your first time through, plus a quick quirky little cut scene showing... something that resembles a story, but usually looks like a reggae head doing something evil. It's your job to collect the fruit, and make your loco roco dude bigger so that ... you can save the world... somehow. I don't really understand the story itself, but in games like this, the more you understand the story, the more confused you get.

Speaking of stories that make no sense: Warriors Orochi. I plugged this one into my 360 just to kill random dudes. The story involves 3 Kingdoms China and Samurai dudes getting into a massive weapons wielding fight with an asian sorcerer named Orochi. Combining time travel and violence in a way never seen before... unless you've played any of Koei's games before. If you have played them before, the game is roughly the same thing with new costumes and music.

Now, if you've listened to the one episode of the podcast that's up (and if you haven't, shame!), then you'll notice I mentioned that I play games predominantly for their story. The Warriors series is kind of like the exception to the rule. I don't really care why a bunch of dudes are coming together to murder each other, as long as I get to do the stabbity stabs! It's random violence, and sometimes that's all you really need.

And I need to go randomly kill some sword wielders. A La Prochain. I think that's spelled right... >_>

No comments:

Post a Comment