Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Otakuthon 2010

This weekend was a wonderful get together of random people who love to dress up as video game and anime characters. My Room Mate went out as Fang from FF XIII, and did a pretty good job pulling it off. She even had the tattoo and red stick thing.

I went as Junpei Iori of Persona 3 fame. It was pretty easy, I already had the hat since I picked up the game on PSP, and the pants pretty much were the same color as my work pants. I just needed a blue shirt and dark blue-ish over coat / jacket thing. It looked pretty good, if I do say so myself.

As far as the weekend, I spent a lot of time in the buyers room. They were selling all sorts of Anime periphernalia, like Manga, anime DVDs, games, little plushies. The best part about all of this was that people even had the opportunity to sell their own creations. I ending up buying some magnets from a dude who made different gaming related pictures out of little plastic circles, but would match pretty good with the actual design or sprite. I got an Xbox Red Ring, and a Kefka.

Speaking of Kefka, that is who I will be dressing up as next year. I wanted to this year, but never got around to actually getting the parts to the outfit. Also, I need to find out what make up won't mess up my skin.

The reason why I'm dressing up as Kefka is quite simple: We (meaning the Room Mate and myself) are getting a booth at the buyers area to start selling stuff. I'm going to be writting some short stories and in-character things. Kefka is a raving lunatic (or at least, appears to be) so the writting will more than likely reflect that. Van (El Room Mate specatuclaaaaaarrr) will be putting up some artwork and other stuff. We're still in the planning phase, but me doing my gaming has taken a back-seat to getting some creative stuff out. It should be good for everybody.

It will also give me a chance to get my name out there, as well as get this blog / cast out in front of a wide variety of people. Pimping out my stuff is among my top 5 things of all time (a list that includes Apple Juice and poking people in the ear).

Until next time, party people, this is Chris wishing a wonderful gammage to everbody out there. Everbody.

No comments:

Post a Comment