Pages

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Metroid Prime Conclusion

Metroid Prime 2 is, in this big return to the Metroid series, the most fascinating to me. As I previously blogged, it did not appeal to me that much at first, due in parts to my playing World of Warcraft as well as its labyrinthine light-dark structure. I will be honest, I believe I got stuck at the same place that I originally did. Torgus Bog, the one place where the Hint System could kick in faster.

Having just finished Prime 3, I realised that Metroid was the game of the summer for me. I definitely could have chosen worse. Although I will admit that Prime 3 starts too slow and not mysteriously enough, the second half of the game is an epic conclusion to a fascinating iteration of a fantastic franchise.

If you have not had the pleasure of playing any of the Prime titles, you owe it to yourself to play at least one of them, especially if you enjoy Metroid and exploration games. Ideally, get your hand on the Trilogy.

Playing these games again has made me realize that I have yet to play in as fascinating environments as those of Tallon IV, Aether, and those of Prime 3.

This has been a fun ride that will come to its conclusion soon with a new title to boot. Incidentally, I also have not player Super Metroid yet... Keeping the best for last I guess.

Next post will not be about Other M, that's going to be on the podcast.

Until next time... the galaxy is at peace.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment