Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Two Minutes to Midnight

That's when this was getting started. When it's posted, much much later, XD. A quick update now that E3 is over, news is slower than it was a week ago.

Firstly, just beat Lego Rock Band. While I didn't get into the setlist quite as much as the first two (and Beatles, but that one goes without saying), it grew on me, I'm glad it's in my collection, and even more glad I payed the 10 bucks to import the songs onto my RB2.

RB 3 I'm quite excited for, the Keytar looks pretty neat, and the initial setlist is going to be huge since all previous importable songs will be compatible with it. RB 2 songs I believe will be importable as well, for a fee. I'm always a sucker for Rhythm games, and this one is far from an exception.

DKC Returns is sounding like a better and better idea the more I think about it. Even though it's been stated that the Kremlings and King K. Rool are not a part of it, I'm still psyched. If this game was going to be exactly like the previous ones, I would just go and play the others, and not spend more money on what is essentially the same bloody game. Also, it's DKC, so K. Rool is probably going to at least have a cameo, if not end up being the Final boss anyways.

Finally, Activision is shooting itself in the foot again. You'd think it'd be an amputee by now. Activision CEO Bobby Kotick has announced that he would like to implement a subscription fee to COD in the near future. While I don't really care about shooters, least of all ones published by Activision for reasons I'll bring up in the Podcast, adding a fee to a game that, depending on the system you are buying it for already has two fees, is just asking too much of people.

Now, this is using the 360 as an example, but here's what you'd be paying: 60 bucks a year for Xbox Live, plus another 70 Dollars (Canadian) for the game. If there was another fee on top of that just to play the game online with your friends, how many people do you think would actually pay for it? Well, judging by all the people who payed 15 bucks just for a map pack for Modern Warfare 2, I'm afraid to say quite a few people.

That's all for me tonight. Stay tuned, Canada Day is fast approaching, and with it, something new for you wonderful people to listen to. From PSTP, I'm Chris Taylor, blasting off again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment