Pages

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

E3 Part 3

Some more stuff announced that was cool, if only Gamespots conference encoding was working, I'd have full length stuff. As it is, a quick little bit before I scrounge around for more tidbits, and of course just be lazy and play stuff.

Donkey Kong Country Returns: A Wii game that not only came completely out of left field, but something that I'm going to pick up Day Freaking 1. I'm suddenly glad I own a Wii, and not just for the Virtual Console games (which is severly lacking right now). Best DK game I've seen since the SNES days, which since Retro studios is doing it (Metroid Prime series), I'm not all that surprised. Now, lets hope the finished product is awesome.

Twisted Metal PS3: First of all, I called it ^_^. Secondly, the new Capture the Flag mode looks awesome. One thing though: Doesn't look overly different from Twisted Metal Black. That being said, Black was my all time favorite of the Twisted Metal games, so as long as each characters story is just as good (if not better, obviously) as in Black, another Day 1 purchase.

Dead Space 2: Glad to see that if I pick up the "Collectors" edition, I get 2 games in one, in this case being DS Extraction, from the Wii. That, and Trophies. Also, Quick Time Events, something I don't remember from the first one, but I'm like the only person on the planet who thinks GTE's are good... as long as they aren't overdone.

Other tidbits: New Kid Icarus, that hasn't been seen since the NES days
Goldeneye, would look good if it wasn't Activision (for reasons you can hear on the Podcast, coming soon to a Press Start Two Play Blogger account near you), and if I cared. I'm like the only person I know who didn't think Goldeneye 64 was anything special. New Kirby looks... I dunno. Art direction seems interesting, gameplay seems kinda cool, but I know Nintendo is going to make it Motion Sensor controly, and that's going to be a major turnoff.


That's all for now. Wish I didn't have a full time job so I can actually watch all the conferences, but I guess that just gives me an excuse to plug the Podcast (did I mention you can find that here, and soon? Well, you can find it here, and you can find it soon). Party on dudes!

No comments:

Post a Comment