Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Why I care about StarCraft

What is StarCraft, beyond the game? I am not talking about the licensed merchandise, the books, the boardgame and other such things; I am talking about when you played the game. Was it late at night in a LAN party? Were you a crack player on Battle.net? Were you simply into the narrative and single player experience?

For me, StarCraft was like many blockbuster games, an impulse buy. If memory serves right, I picked up the Protoss box. I nerve finished the single player campaign nor did I play much of the multiplayer. In fact, one could say that this game was not a significant one for me. I recall saying at some point that I preferred the look of Red Alert (I was a foolish young man once :) ).

So why am I so excited about StarCraft 2? "Friends" is without a doubt the answer. Friends who now live far away, friends I cannot see as often as I'd like, friends with whom gaming is always a blast. Sure, the single player campaign sounds fantastic, the game fascinating, the story exciting, the extra pet for World of Warcraft... But what it all comes down to is having a regular gaming night, with friends I've shared so many things with...

This entry is for you guys, let's hunt some Zergs!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment