Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Thursday Post - Mother (not Earthbound related)

"The last Metroid is in captivity. The galaxy is at peace."

This ominous quote begins my favourite game of all time, Super Metroid or Metroid 3. As mentioned in my last post, I've been playing the Metroid Prime Trilogy these past few days, as a matter of fact, I finished the first chapter today and jumped straight into the second instalment, a rather interesting thing to do. However, today's post is not about this series, but the new title that is coming out.

Part of being a gaming enthusiast and not journalist means that I need not look at everything published on a title. This also means that aside from a trailer or two, a few hands on impression, and the timeline, I know very little about Metroid: Other M. What I've read in terms of gameplay has arisen some doubts, but I will get the game no matter what because it is Metroid.

Going back to my opening quote, this last Metroid plays an important role in Super Metroid and the pivotal scene where the last Metroid saves Samus leads into the next title. I believe and hope that the title will explore this "parent-child" relationship between Samus and the Metroid. After the title, Metroid: Other M, or Metroid: M Other (mother), or the actual accronym, MOM leads me to believe that it will play some part of it. Then again, this might simply the parent in me talking.

Then again if we are talking about the other Mother of the series, Mother Brain, I will not complain either.

This is Jeff signing out. Next time, probably some more space talk.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment