Pages

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Corrupted Echoes

Have I ever mentioned that Metroid is my favourite videogame series? There, I did it. I am in full Metroid mode at the moment, even though I acquired StarCraft 2 Tuesday and I love it. You see, I am "getting" Metroid Prime 2: Echoes for the first time. Perhaps it is because I started it on the heels of wrapping up Metroid Prime, or perhaps it is the Wii controls... Or maybe, it is because I'm not letting a Blizzard game take the upper hand this time.

The game originally came out a few days before World of Wacraft, so the game did not hold my full attention for long. Coming back to it was always somewhat difficult since I never remembered where I was at and where I was supposed to go. Not this time, that's for sure.

The game's structure doesn't help either, navigating the light and dark worlds requires some planning ahead if you do not want to get lost or circle around for a long time. I find myself looking forward to playing the game very often, although I do not think I will rush into Prime 3... StarCraft 2 you see.

In the end, I am glad to be playing Prime 2 again, especially on the Wii. I am certain the controls are part of my enjoying the game more. Furthermore, I do realise the fact that sometimes, the echoes of the past can be corrupted, and revisiting their source is a sure way to readjust the frequency.

Tomorrow, I am heading to NYC for a few days. This means 2 things: it is possible that there won't be a Sunday post and also that I'll visit the Nintendo Store (which is not that awesome). I'll still try to post a pic or two from there.

Until next time, may your hits be crits!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment