Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

On a Positive note...

So I decided rather than posting something negative about Activision (which in reality I would have done, but I had to work today and couldn't write anything...), I will instead post things that I actually enjoy about gaming, that also involves the internet because... well, if there's one thing I hate almost as much as Activision it's the internet. And I'm thinking positive today, so here are the few things about said internet that I actually find enjoyable.

Gamefaqs: Simply put, I spend way too much time here. Not for the message boards, (You'll never see a more wretched hive of scum and villainy....) but for the other things: The Guides. Sadly, me and games aren't always calm and sociable, sometimes we're downright enemies. So, I use guides from this site to not be pissed off.

It is also a half-decent source of reviews. I like posting them up (under the name nobodys_savior) and reading them, either as a need to know about a game, or a need to laugh as fanboys go on and on about a game they love, or hate.

www.gamefaqs.com

OK Console: A podcast made by a dude I used to work with. Very simply, it's a radio show with video game music. It's pretty decent, although the dude talks waaaay too much.

www.okconsole.com

Shadow Haxor: A website where I get my video game tunes. I'm a guy that loves every aspect of games, and that usually involves the music in those games too. They have a lot, but you do need to register before you can Download anything. Still, awesome site.

www.shadowhaxor.net

Backloggery: My favorite site that I've listed. Essentially, this is the site I've used to track what games I haven't beaten yet... which is a lot. You can list whether a game is beat, completed entirely, nulled (if a game doesn't really have a beat criteria), or Mastered (like Jeff's Super Metroid under two hours run). It tracks it via Bar Graphs and fancy numbers, and you can tag things by system and such.

Problem is, right now the site is not accepting new users, as there is a massive site update coming soon, and it seems to be down every once in a while. That being said, there is just something about numbers that makes me want to pay attention.

www.backloggery.com
www.backloggery.com/assclown_king

That's pretty much it. That took me way too long to write, as I was distracted by friends playing Magic, and How I Met Your Mother on DVD. Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment