Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Magic is Fun II

Xbox Live is an overpriced, almost useless (for me anyways) add-on to a console with a short life expectancy. That being said, every once in a while I find something to pass the time with. Now, that is Magic.

Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalker is an Xbox Live Arcade game, and as someone who is addicted to collecting things, this is feeding my addiction very well. Multiple decks, the ability to play online against other people, and expansions that add more decks and cards.

Every victory with each deck adds a card to the deck, up to a maximum of 17. The problem is, you can only edit those 17 cards, so if you want to mess with the original 60 card deck, you can't. Bummer. Also, land gets tapped automatically, rather than you choosing what gets tapped while you cast things. Granted, I've only unlocked mono-color decks, so maybe it'll be different when I get some more cards, but still, it'll be interesting to see how things turn out as I keep playing.

Tonight, Jeff and I are going to torture ourselves by watching the Resident Evil movie. It makes me think: Has Milla Jovovich been in a movie in the last decade that did NOT involve her being some super powered uber being? Ultraviolet, The Fifth Element, Resident Evil, is there ever a time when she's just normal? These are the questions that kept me out of the good schools as a child.

Don't be surprised if this post gets edited when I figure out how bad that movie really is. Until then, pleasant Gammage to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment