Pages

Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Marathon...s

Ladies and gents of the world, I have six hundred and twenty-six games that I haven't beaten. That's a lot. Too much. Problem is, I almost never have time to play games, and when I do... well, I usually change my mind on what I want to play. I'll go through times where I want to play certain games, and then half an hour later I'll play something completely different. I needed something to inspire me to play my games, and usually, a list of some sort helps.

Enter Backloggery. When I first joined the site, it inspired me to play things I've had in my collection for years and never beat. Adversely, it also inspired me to buy even more cheapo games to add to said collection.

Browsing other peoples collections, I noticed someone doing a marathon of Ubisoft games. It's exactly what is sounds like: They are playing all of the games that they own that were made by Ubisoft. It inspired me to do the same, and at first, I thought that it worked.

Then I tracked down the Prince of Persia games that I didn't own yet. The addiction continues.

So I'm three games into my Ubithon, and I'm still buying more games than I'm beating. An idea hits me: Why not go in alphabetical order? But I didn't think I'd ever actually do it.

Then, while browsing other peoples profiles... again, I saw someone else with the exact same idea as me. He's got a list of games from # - Z, and he's actually beating them in alphabetical order. And that's pretty much what I'm doing... with a little leeway. I'm going three games at a time. That way, if I get stuck in 3D Dot Game Heroes, I can take a break and play Bioshock. There are also two replacements: Since I don't have a Q or a Y, I just replaced those letters with games that are close in lettering to what I didn't have.

Just picked up the Move AND RE 5 Gold. Resident Evil was supposed to be for Jeff (he was going to give me his copy of the original game, and I was going to trade the Gold for his regular), but he ended up picking it up for himself, so Hey, more bonus stuff for me XD. Haven't tried the move yet, but I'm planning on hooking it up tonight, and trying out those sports games. Also, it gives me an excuse to pick up Eye of Judgment at some point, and with my love affair of CCG's, I'm totally going to get it... eventually.

I've also been playing a lot of Magic. A LOT of Magic, so much that even my Room Mate has started playing... a little. She's into the XBLA version, and she even has a couple of pre-constructed decks, now we just need to get her into it full on.

Until next time, I'm Chris Taylor wishing all a pleasant Gammage.

No comments:

Post a Comment